Saturday, April 18, 2009

"There is beauty all around..."

Today I decided, once again to take control of my life. I have realized lately that I am too hard on myself. This is not the first time I have realized this. In fact, I realize this just about every day. I thought today a little bit about my journey through this life and what my role is right now. I am 23. I am about to start back at school. I have chosen a career in Behavioral Science. I thought to myself, “Did I consult the Lord about this decision?” I realized that I had yet to consult with the Lord. With this coming to mind I decided it would be a good idea for me to go down to Utah Lake. It was pretty windy and cold down there. It was quite the experience looking over the water and feeling the wind on my face. From where I was sitting I could see the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. As I sat there and listened to some music I had some thoughts. My thoughts led me to want to pray. I turned off my music and I listened to the wind blow past my ears. As I sat and listened to the wind a sense of peace came over me. I thought of the song “Love at Home”. The line that came to me was “there is beauty all around…” As I looked around and soaked in the moment I began to pray. Amidst my praying I felt some things. I felt that the Lord was telling me that all of the turmoil going on inside was all part of the process. It is important for me to have those times where I catch myself and get myself back on track. Instead of beating myself up for being off track in the first place, I need to say, “Good. I am grateful the Lord is mindful of me and wants to make sure I am on the right track.” The Lord looks for those opportunities, when my heart is open, to teach me. I have found that when I am in a state of contemplation the Lord speaks to my heart and fills my mind with words, songs, and other things that bring me back to where I need to be. It was reaffirmed to me again tonight that satan is real. He is really trying to take me down a path that leads to misery. It is ok for me to have times where I realize my faults and refocus my eyes on the Temple. The Lord knows my weaknesses and although he does not condone the things I do wrong, His love is forever with me. What a blessing it is to know that I have a Father in Heaven that loves me. Music is so powerful. On my way back from the lake I listened to a song that talked about all of the names that we give to God. The greatest name of all is still Heavenly Father. The moral of that song is that no matter the issue or challenge, He knows the way through it. What a blessing it is. I am grateful to be refocused on the Temple. I am grateful for my older brother Jesus Christ. He is my savior. How blessed I am.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Jaren! You are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a subscription to your blog on my google reader now, I can't wait to hear all of the good things. One thing that has always impressed me about you is your desire to have it. No one makes all the right decisions in life and sometimes we all get off track. But the vision of what you want never varies from what you want. You are quick to return. It is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete