Monday, June 1, 2009

Constant reminders

I was thinking today about why it is that we go to church. Why do I even bother? What do I even get out of it? A good friend of mine back a few years ago said that he has a hard time attending church because there just isn't anything new taught. I got to thinking about that today. I had a really great time in church today.. but I didn't learn anything new. In fact is was a pretty basic set of meetings. Bishop talked about the law of chastity and how we need to be better. Sunday school was about temples. Sacrament had a theme related to gratitude and the savior. So why was I so touched and moved? Why did today make a difference in my life? I came to the conclusion that today was great because I was reminded of the goodness of the Lord. I was reminded that the savior died for me. I think the key to leading a successful life is constant reminders that the Lord is there and Christ's atonement is real. I took a walk tonight after my roommate went to bed. I needed to clear my head a bit. As I soaked in the fresh Utah air and listened to some inspiring music the moon caught my eye. I just stared at the moon in awe at what an amazing creation it is. I never cease to be amazed at what the Lord's hand has created. I feel so loved.

2 comments:

  1. Jaren I hate to be the one to tell you but..you arent loved. Just Kiding..actually I enjoy reading your blog..It inspires me. Thank you for your insightful words. Your right..constant reminders helps direct the choices you make in life....Jaren your great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure who anonymous is.. but I am guessing it is Kim. Kim is the only person cold enough to say that I am not loved.

    ReplyDelete